Client service charter
New South Wales Courts and Tribunals are committed to providing our clients with a high standard of service. The client service charter sets out the services NSW Courts and Tribunals provide and the standards you can expect.
We aim to:
- serve you within five minutes of attendance
- acknowledge telephone enquiries within five rings
- process all documents within three days
We will provide you with assistance and information about our services, procedures, your case and your options.
We can provide information or a referral to mediation, support or legal services.
Information about our services is available at registries, over the telephone, by facsimile, via the post and online at New South Wales Justice.
We will continue to improve our service delivery and be responsive to the needs of our clients and the community.
We aim to provide safe and accessible court, tribunal and registry facilities for all clients.
Our service commitment to you
- be courteous, respectful and professional
- act honestly, fairly and impartially
- take into account your specific needs
- provide access to our information, services, courts and tribunals
- treat your information and enquiries in confidence and with sensitivity
- make our services faster, simpler and easier to use
Helping us help you
We ask you to:
- tell us if you have any specific needs
- let us know if you need an interpreter to use our services
- provide us with all requested information
- treat our staff with courtesy and respect
- not offer gifts, money or other favours to our staff
Contacting other services
We may refer you to other services if your situation requires:
mediation, available through Community Justice Centres on 1800 990 777 (NRS 1300 555 727)
legal assistance, available through LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529 (NRS 1300 555 727) or online at LawAccess.
support for victims from the Victims Support line on 1800 633 063 or DOCS Domestic Violence Helpline on 1800 656 463 (NRS 1300 555 727).
We value your feedback and encourage you to direct it to the registrar or manager. See our contacts page for details.